ICAR’s 15th ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION TO BACHELOR'S (AIEEA-UG-2010) AND MASTER’S (AIEEA-PG-2010) DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN AGRI AND ALLIED SCIENCES AT AGRI UNIV FOR 2010-11.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites applications, in the prescribed form, from Indian Nationals, for AIEEA-UG-2010 and AIEEA-PG-2010 on 100% seats at ICAR-Deemed Universities (Bachelor degrees at NDRI only while Master degrees at IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE), and on 15% seats for Bachelor degrees and 25% seats for Master degrees at the SAUs, CAU, CU with Ag. Faculty (BHU, Viswa Bharati, Nagaland Univ. and AMU (for PG only)) and SHIAT&S Allahabad for the Academic Session 2010-11. However, admission in Veterinary Sciences at Bachelor degree programme level is not included in this examination. (Additional details can be seen in the respective Information Bulletin):
1. Dates of Examination:
UG: Saturday, the 17th April 2010 during 10:00-12:30 hrs
PG: Sunday, the 18th April 2010 during 10:00-12:30 hrs
2. Sale of Information Bulletin/Application Forms: 29th December 2009 to 16th February 2010
3. Eligibility Criteria:
For AIEEA-UG-2010: Between 17 and 23 years as on 31st December 2010.
(UG Examination) (must have been born between 1.1.1988 to 1.1.1994).
For AIEEA-PG-2010: Not less than 19 years as on 31st August 2010.
(PG Examination) (i.e., not born after 30.08.1991)
3.2. Educational Qualifications:
3.2.1. For AIEEA-UG-2010:
Must have passed and obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate for admission under General, UPS and OBC categories, 40% marks in aggregate for admission under SC, ST and PH categories in 10+2 examination with PCM/PCB/PCMB/PCA/PCH subject combinations. Candidate having compartment/ supplementary in any subject in 10+2 examination is not eligible for admission. Candidate appearing for 10+2 examination can also apply but shall produce 10+2 pass certificate with appropriate % marks during counseling. Pass in English in 10+2 examination is essential for admission in some of the Universities.
3.2.2. For AIEEA-PG-2010:
Bachelor’s degree (or appearing in final year examination), in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Forestry, Agri. Marketing Banking and Cooperation, Food Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Process & Food Engineering, Computer Science, Basic and allied sciences under 10+2+5, 10+2+4 years degree programmes, (A few seats are also available for candidates having Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 year degree programme) with required Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of 6.60/10.00, 3.25/5.00, 2.60/4.00 for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) categories the said requirement is an OGPA of 5.60/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.00 respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/PH the requirement is 50% marks. (Equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable). For admission in the subject of Veterinary Sciences, candidate must have completed B.V.Sc. & AH before the date of registration in the admitting university.
4. National Talent Scholarship (NTS) is awarded to candidates selected through AIEEA-UG-2010 examination and if joining an Agricultural University located outside their state of domicile.
5. ICAR-JRF(Post Graduate Studies)(PGS): Based on the merit in the AIEEA-PG-2010 examination, about 475 ICAR-Junior Research Fellowships for postgraduate studies (ICAR-JRF(PGS)) in 20 major subject groups are awarded for two years in Agricultural Universities including State Agricultural Universities, CAU and CUs with agriculture faculty, SHIAT&S Allahabad and ICAR-DUs, provided their Bachelor degree is not from the same AU (except NDRI Karnal) and the candidates take admission outside their State of domicile. Candidates, currently studying for their Master’s degree in 1st year, can also appear in AIEEA-PG-2010 examination for securing ICAR-JRF(PGS). However, if a ICAR-JRF(PGS) holder seeks fresh admission, entire amount of fellowship received by him/her shall have to be refunded with interest and he/she will not be entitled for fresh ICAR-JRF.
6. Reservation: 15% seats in all subjects will be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes (ST), 3% for Physically Handicapped (PH), and 2% for candidates from Under-Privileged States (UPS). Reservation for OBC in Central Educational Institutions/ Universities will be as per Government of India directives/ University rules.
7. Question Paper for AIEEA-UG-2010:
There will be only one question paper consisting of multiple-choice objective type questions, in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Agriculture) for “STREAM–A” and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for “STREAM–B”. The question paper will be in ENGLISH and HINDI.
8. Question Paper for AIEEA-PG-2010:
There will be only one question paper in each major subject group consisting of multiple-choice, objective type questions, and also cross-matching type questions.
9. Cost of Information Bulletin with Application form:
AIEEA-UG-2010: Rs. 400/- for General, OBC and UPS categories and Rs. 200/- for S.C., S.T. and P.H. categories.
AIEEA-PG-2010: Rs. 500/- for General, OBC and UPS categories and Rs. 250/- for S.C., S.T. and P.H. categories
In addition, Rs. 25/- per Bulletin would be charged as handling charges in case of purchase against cash, whereas Rs. 50/- per Bulletin should be added in the Draft amount towards postal expenses if purchased by submitting Bank Draft.
Sources for Availability of Information Bulletin with Application Form:
A. The forms can be obtained, in person, on payment by cash from Registrars of all 44 Agricultural Universities or from the specified branches of Syndicate Bank whereas the same can also be obtained from 5 ICAR Institutions by payment through Bank Draft from 29 December 2009 to 16 February 2010.
(I). FROM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITIES:
The Information Bulletins with Application Forms will be available for sale against Cash Payment from the Offices of the Registrars of All Agricultural Universities located at (1) Hyderabad, (2) Anand, (3) Venkataramannagudem, (4) Jorhat, (5) Mohanpur, Nadia, (6) Ranchi, (7) Palampur, (8) Kanpur, (9) Hissar, (10) Dapoli, (11) Akola, (12) Solan, (13) Ludhiana, (14) Pantnagar, (15) Raipur, (16) Jabalpur, (17) Junagadh, (18) Bidar, (19) Thrissur, (20) Udaipur, (21) Nagpur, (22) Rahuri, (23) Parbhani, (24) Faizabad, (25) Navsari, (26) Bhubaneswar, (27) Ludhiana, (28) Pusa, Samastipur, (29) Gwalior, (30) Meerut, (31) Sardar Krushinagar, (32) Jammu, (33) Srinagar, (34) Tirupati, (35) Bikaner, (36) Coimbatore, (37) Chennai, (38) Dharwad, (39) Bengaluru, (40) Raichur, (41) Bagalkot, (42) Mathura, (43) Cooch Behar, (44) Belgachia, Kolkata, (45) Imphal, (46) Medziphema, (47) Visva Bharati, Sriniketan. (These Universities will not entertain any request for Information Bulletin to be sent by post.)
(II). FROM SYNDICATE BANK BRANCHES:
1. D.No. 40-3-2, M.G. Road, Labbipet, Vijayawada, (2) 5-9-246/1, Opp. Grammar School, Abid Road, Hyderabad, (3) 135, Motilal Nehru Road, Pan Bazar, Distt. Kamrup, Guwahati, (4) 23, Choti Kalyani Road, Near Kalyani Post office, Muzaffarpur, (5) Capital Tower, Block-B, Fraser Road, Patna, (6) Opp. Mount Carmel School, Sector–47, Chandigarh, (7) Maurya Picture Complex, G.E. Road, Bhilai, (8) 113, Smt. Surjadevi Shukla Camp, Near Deshbandhu School, Station Road, Raipur, (9) Samrudhi, G.H.–4, Sector–16, Gandhinagar, (10) Sant Palace, Purani Mandi, Jammu, (11) No. I, Exchange Road, Srinagar, (12) C-1, City Centre, Sector 4, Bokaro Steel City, (13) Karnataka University Campus, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad, (14) 66, 9th Main Road, 3rd Block, Jaynagar, Bengaluru, (15) I-Floor, M.S. City Centre, Bank Road, Kasaragod, (16) 102/103, Kalachand Mansion, Berasia Road, Bhopal, (17) Moti Market, Jayendraganj, Lashkar, Gwalior, (18) 31-1, Nanda Nagar, Main Road, Indore, (19) Prakash Apartments, Plot No. CIS-2410, SVP Road, Borivli West, Mumbai, (20) Ward No. 14, Nandi Sahi, P.O.– Choudhary Bazar, Cuttack, (21) Kannan Building, Maidan Road, Mahe, (22) Near Hotel Sky Lark, Model Town Road, Jalandhar City, (23) Jaipur Towers, MI Road, Jaipur (24) 68, Old Dhan Mandi, Sarovar Cinema Road, Kota, (25) Door No. 24, 1st Floor, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai, (26) 45, Rajpur Road, Dehradun, (27) Shakti Motors Complex, Kaladhungi Road, Mukahani, Haldwani, (28) Garib Manjil, Abad Nagar, Dodhpur Civil Lines, Aligarh, (29) 167-A, Civil Lines, Bareilly, (30) B-16-17, Sector–18, Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar, (31) 177/035 Zamir Mansion, Dr. B.N. Road, Opp. Gulmarg Hotel, Aminabad, Lucknow, (32) Chandrasekhar Azad market, 1st Floor, Sardar Patel Marg, Civil Lines, Allahabad, (33) B-I-B, Officers Colony, Sarvodaya Nagar, Kanpur, (34) 1, Parcus Road, G.T. Road Cross, 1 WG, Burdwan, (35) 42, G.T. Road (South), Howrah.
(b) AIEEA-UG-2010 and AIEEA-PG-2010:
NEW DELHI (1) 1st Floor, Arunachal Building, 19, Barakhamba Road, (2) Delhi Tamil Sangam Building, Sector 5, R.K. Puram, (3) Institute of Hotel Management, Amar Colony, Near Guru Nanak Market, Lajpat Nagar (4) Pusa Campus Main Branch, IARI, Pusa.
(These branches will not entertain any request for Information Bulletin to be sent by Post)
(III). FROM ICAR INSTITUTIONS, DEPOSITING BANK DRAFT:
Information Bulletin with Application Form can be obtained, in person, by depositing an account payee bank draft of amount mentioned above and from the sale counters at the following ICAR Institutions:
(i) NAARM, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, (ii) NDRI, Karnal, (iii). CARI, Port Blair, (iv). CIFE, Mumbai, (v). ICAR-Examination Cell (Education Division), Room No. 216, ICAR, KAB-II, Pusa, New Delhi.
B. Candidates can obtain Information Bulletin with Application Form by sending a written request (on plain paper) along with an Account Payee Bank draft of the amount specified (9) above and also an unstamped self addressed envelope (size 30cm x 25cm). The request should be addressed to: “The Controller of Examinations (Education Division), Room No. 216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012." No request for supply of Information Bulletin by post will be accepted after 10th February 2010.
C. Downloading Application Form & Information Bulletin: The Application form can also be downloaded during 29.12.2009 to 16.02.2010 from ICAR website (http://www.icar.org.in), take a print-out on A-4 size, good photocopy paper, fill-in as per instructions and submit, along with Bank Draft of amount as specified in (9) above, to the office of Controller of Exams, Education Division, Room No. 216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012.
The A/c payee bank draft should be drawn in favour of “Deputy Director General (Education), ICAR” payable at “New Delhi” and candidate should write the details of his/ her name and address on the back of the Bank Draft. It may be checked that the Bank Draft contains the name of the issuing bank and branch, signature of the issuing authority, amount in words, date of draft etc. clearly. In no case, ICAR will be held responsible for non-receipt of the application and bank draft or delay in postage.
The last date for the receipt of Application Forms in the office of “The Controller of Examinations (Education Division), Room No.216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi–110012 for both UG and PG examinations is 16th February 2010. However for the candidates belonging to the remote areas viz., Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep, the last date is 23rd February 2010. Application Forms received after the last date will be summarily rejected and Education Division, ICAR shall not responsible for non-receipt of applications within the time schedule due to postal delay or any other reasons for delay. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to check his/her eligibility for admission before applying. ICAR will not be held responsible for refusing admission to any non-eligible candidate at the time of Counseling or later. All disputes relating to the conduct of these examinations or any matter connected with this advertisement shall be in the jurisdiction of DELHI COURT only.
CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS (EDUCATION DIVISION), ICAR